Rape or Computer Hacking?

Forum Forums General chat Rape or Computer Hacking?

This topic contains 15 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Spotty 3 months ago.

• Author

orange
    Participant

Which is the more serious charge? It may come down to the Home Office having to decide which is when deciding whether Sweden or the USA has the greater claim for extradition.

doc
    Participant

Without answer the question (which shouldn’t need answering) I think Sweden should get him because they asked first.

GGG
    Participant

Quite clearly the swedish case takes precedence!

tom
    Participant

The statute of limitation runs out next year for his rape charge, he needs to go there first for justice to be served (if the US get his hands on him, they’ll fight like anything to charge and not let him go again). He can go to the US once he comes out of Swedish jail if found guilty.

jimmy
    Participant

Bloody good question. Rape is one of the most serious crimes but his leaks could easily have lead to murder and torture of under cover people.

I’m glad I don’t have to decide.

lucky
      Participant

And without the leaks we wouldn’t know the US military killed unarmed civilian reporters, for which no one has had any charges made against them!

Spotty
    Participant

I’d hope Sweden get first bite of the cherry….

Not sure about the exact legal position, but Swedish offence was first, Swedish offence is the reason he is now in custody, Swedish offence has a time bar of Aug 2020, Swedish offence carries more serious penalty (life Vs 5/6 years). Edit to add – He can go from Sweden to US, but not the other way as the Swedish offence will almost certainly have expired.

Also, I’d like to see the arguments he puts forward for avoiding extradition now…

carl
      Participant

You seem to be a bit muddled when it comes to the “Swedish offence” and the Swedish investigation into a rape allegation. I may make an allegation that you just stole my pencil to write your comment, but that does not make the allegation anything other than laughable.

You may be aware that, contrary to much misreporting, Julian Assange has never been charged with anything in Sweden. You might also be aware of the ludicrous physical evidence that has so far been produced.

The Re-Opening of the Swedish Assange Case Should Be Welcomed

katy
        Participant

The law’s simple, isn’t it – first extradition request in time prevails, which is the US?

As for litigating the Sweden issue by internet, I suspect this is not a good idea.

Spotty
        Participant

I’m terribly sorry, if anyone felt that I was going to far when I said “Swedish offence” rather than “Swedish allegation”.

Obviously it should have been two Swedish allegations, but Assange successfully “waited out” the first one. Still, it’s just an allegation, so that’s alright then.

As for your links regarding the dissection of an untried case based on the blogs of conspiracy theorists – I’d rather wait for some trained investigators, real lawyers and proper courts to examine the actual evidence.

carl
        Participant

@spotty Actually I did think you went too far when you said offence rather than allegation. How would you feel if I called you a thief on the grounds of the baseless and laughable allegation that I made higher up the thread that you stole my pencil?

If you deny the protection of the law to people you don’t like, it won’t be there to protect you when you need it. Something to ponder while you are off duty I guess.

Spotty
        Participant

Loving your “outrage”.

Not sure what part of my clarification and apology you don’t understand – but just for your reassurance – the Swedish claim is an allegation that a rape offence has occurred.

At no point have I suggested he is guilty, and given my (too many) posts on Assange, I think my position on that is pretty clear.

Not sure how you feel about “denying the protection of the law” to the other person who alleged sexual assault by Assange, or does your version of justice only work one way?

hurt
        Participant

Genuine question-If the US/5 eyes/nato/ intelligence bigwigs did decide to get the guy they want dead or worse ie,. Julian Assange by setting up a honeypot or other sting back then. Then how likely would the chance be of it being exposed?

Bearing in mind during post-false flags/assasinations/war crimes trials/commissions all they need to do is scrub out as much as they want with an official national security special issue Her Majesties black ink felty and use the old “threat to national security”, catch all to hide all evidence.

The reason I ask is that you seem to live in a world where they don’t do that or for you the CIA is the latest Hollywood blockbuster featuring 60 year old crumpled former hard man star as a maverick CIA agent out to stop the corrupt officials/mafia/terrorists/islamists/fascists/assassins/hard drug dealers

Rather than actively being and working with.

Spotty
        Participant

If the US government wanted to “get” Assange, they “could” set up some deep cover sting/honeypot operation using either US spies so deep undercover that everyone thinks they are Swedish, or Swedish spies pretending to be rape victims, in some sort of complex conspiracy spanning multiple countries and requiring co-operation of multiple nation states and the co-operation of their independent judiciary all of whom will have a different view on the severity of Assange’s crimes in relation to US leaks.

Or they could investigate the US leaks, identify evidence that Assange may have been involved in a criminal offence and apply for extradition.

Given that the severity of his alleged offence is fairly low-end, with a 5 year maximum sentence, if convicted (ie not quite “dead or worse”), then a complex conspiracy seems like an awful lot of effort to go to.

And, in this internet age, where news crosses boundaries that national security D notices can’t, you are vastly over-estimating the power of a government to censor information. Hence the great firewall of China and the efforts by Russia to replicate it.

Liam
        Participant

@carl He hasn’t been charged as he wasnt available to charge.

The case has now been reopened.

We will see what happens.

Kerry
    Participant

Why are you all debating this? When the Home office come to make their decision do you honestly think they are going to ask the opinion of anyone on this forum, or any forum for that matter? Unless anyone here works for the home office your opinion does not matter, your views are meaningless and your voice will not be heard.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar